
Well, we got our first dog bite in the family (excluding the mean New York poodles that snatched onto Brian during his mission). Jacob and Samantha always walk home after school past a house that had two dogs that are a pit bull mix. (Yes...another pit bull story) The owner just happened to let one of them out of his house as they were walking by and it immediately started running towards Samantha. Once Samantha realized the dog was coming she ran like the wind! The dog lunged for her tiny little thigh and bit her. She started to bleed, so the owner helped put band-aids and peroxide on her leg. She was able to walk the rest of the way home by holding on to the neighbors’ fence.
She has handled everything well, but I think all of the attention we have given her has helped.
She has handled everything well, but I think all of the attention we have given her has helped.
Brian confronted the owner, and after an exchange of words (words which kept Brian from partaking of the sacrament the following Sunday..jk) the owner gave him the following peace offerings:
A hot pink KC light cover, a Bon Jovi belly shirt with cut off sleeves and a beer stain, and finally a Def Leppard cassette tape.
A hot pink KC light cover, a Bon Jovi belly shirt with cut off sleeves and a beer stain, and finally a Def Leppard cassette tape.
On a more serious note, we did call animal control and they are holding the dog for ten days. I am not sure what will happen to it after that. The owner did apologize and felt really bad.
5 comments:
What a peace offering. :)
That is not fair that your daughter had to go through that. Have you reported the incident to anyone? I wonder if that dog bites a lot.
oh my... and those are some weird peace offerings. I hope Samantha is okay.
Well wasnt that nice of him...
Our little weiner dog bit a neighbor. They kept him for 10 days and then we paid them to adopt him out to a rescue home. :-( It was really sad but we couldnt risk him biting again.
poor samantha!!
Holy cow! I'm out of the loop on blogging and I can't believe that dog owner...crazy peace offerings! You tell Samantha that back in her old neighbor that this would never happen and tell mommy and daddy you want to move back so you and Ally can play more! :) wink, wink!
FIRST dog bite??? How many do you plan on inflicting upon your poor children?
You should've pushed for the VHS of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!
Post a Comment