Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bumping into Trees and Other Things...

Jacob's teacher sent home a newsletter that quoted what each student liked or didn't like about school. I read one from a boy in his class that made me laugh, so I will share it: "I do not like school. All you do is write and eat lunch. Everything is boring. At recess I bump into trees and fall down."

I took Samantha, Amelia, and Brooklyn to the University Mall to see if their tree house play area was ready. A year ago there was a flood right by it. Then recently there was a fire. So I guess the tree house is not meant to be!

I have recently had a Jane Austen marathon. It all started when I watched the movie Becoming Jane. So I read Sense and Sensibility and Emma. Then I watched Pride and Prejudice and Emma. Now I just have to watch Sense and Sensibility to finish the marathon. Even Brian enjoyed watching the movies with me. (I think it helped that I rubbed his back most of the time.)
I love the dresses and hats the girls wore back then. But the men's tight pants are another story. I am glad they are not the style now. They give me the heebee jeebees (sp?)




Brian started taking down the wallpaper in our house. We borrowed a steamer from a lady in our ward. The downstairs was not too bad, but the upstairs is going to take a lot more time.


Our new home. We are going to either cut down that big tree and plant another one, or just wait until the Spring to prune it and poison the cherries.


















We took a quick trip to Arizona to visit Brian's sister Lisa and her family. She just adopted two girls, Angel and Tiana. They were baptized and then their new baby Caleb was blessed. The day after that, we went to the Mesa Temple to watch Lisa and Sergio be sealed to Angel and Tiana. It was a neat experience. It is so simple, yet lasts forever.
On the way there, Brian got a speeding ticket. It was on an Indian Reservation, so it doesn't go on his record. Luckily, the ticket will only cost $50 made payable to the Navajo Nation.

5 comments:

Douglas Quist said...

Lesson Learned, only speed when going to buy illegal fireworks. I realized this last week that I work in the temple on Wednesday nights with Jody Neeley's parents. As well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I will be calling you again soon, if I don't fall down to hard after running into a tree. I am sure that kid was home-schooled...bless his heart..

Leslie said...

HAHA that poor kid.

Thats so cool that you got to go see Lisa and Serg. Im sorry Brian got a speeding ticket... I thought it was worse to get one from the indians...but from the sound of the price..I think Id rather get one from an indian. Did you read Lisas post about that? It cracks me up.

Jordan and Jodi said...

I was going to tell you last week that my parents mentioned that they work with Doug at the temple and I forgot. They really like him and wonder what kind of girl would be suited for him--my mom's on a mission to help anyone and I guess he is one of the lucky ones! :) ha ha ha. I agree with that kid about school--boring!That's why I don't go anymore! I love the house! Looks great! I remember taking off wall paper in our old house and I don't remember it being a very pleasant experience--I was about 8yrs old! Have fun Brian! And that's awesome that it doesn't go on his record--I wish I would have had ones like that back in the fast days of my life!

mom2six said...

K that is A LOT of backrubbing... did he return the favor?

McFarland Clan said...

I love your blog. It was so much fun looking at it. I actually lost your email address. You will have to call me and just leave a message on my cell phone with your email address. I remembered your blog address though. I had a fun time visiting with you on Saturday. Have a great day! Sarah